• Thank the person who nominated you.
No one nominated me, but I got this post idea from howling libraries.
• Answer all the questions down below.
• Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
• Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag.
1. Why did you start blogging & why have you kept blogging?
6+ years ago I started a Youtube channel where I made videos talking about the books I read. If you’re at all curious, you can check it out here. I still have all my videos up. At the time I had recently graduated from film school so filming and editing videos was something I loved doing, even if it was just me sitting in front of a camera talking about books. A few years ago I kind of gave up on the channel… but I never gave up on reading! About 1.5 years ago I wanted to start another platform to talk about books, so I turned to blogging. Writing has always been meh, for me. Not my favorite thing to do, so I wasn’t sure how this would go. To kick my butt into gear and to hold myself accountable, I bought a domain name instead of using a free WordPress blog. What has kept me blogging is just my love of books and the need to share my opinions on what I loved and what I’ve hated. Sometimes I really just don’t feel like writing… I have nothing to write about, nothing to say, and I’m very much struggling with this currently. But I paid for this sucker, so I’m sticking with it! 🙌
2. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
My favorite type of post to write are tags like these ones! The pre-written questions make it so easy to get the writing juices flowing. My least favorite would have to be book reviews… They’re the hardest to get all my thoughts down and form coherent sentences without giving any spoilers away. I’ve decided I’m not going to force myself to write full length reviews anymore. Instead I’m just going to keep doing mini reviews of all the books I’ve read in my monthly wrap ups.
3. What are your top 3 favorite blog posts?
- My Reading Recollection: I don’t typically write thoughtful posts like this one because I have to be really passionate about a topic to do so. I was incredibly happy with how this one turned out, and I was especially happy that I got so many comments of people feeling the same way as I did!
- Fright Kingdom Review: This one is super random, and has nothing to do with books, but it’s one of my most popular posts in terms of views. I went to a new haunted attraction in New Hampshire and decided to review my experience. At one point I wanted my blog to be more than just about books. I wanted the freedom to write about whatever topic I was feeling, even though it has turned out to be mostly about books. This post actually ranks on the second page of Google for this search I believe.
- August Wrap Up: This post has received the most likes out of all my posts, so I’ll leave it at that!
4. What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
Kicking back on the couch, feet up on an ottoman, blanket wrapped around me, a couple of snacks by my side, and a good TV show on in the background! A few of my current faves in case you’re looking for a good show are: Sabrina (Netflix), The Order (Netflix), Shameless (Showtime), Good Life (Freeform).
5. What are 3 of your favorite things?
My plants (as a collective unit), my subscription to Netflix, and sweets.
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
When I publish a blog post and people actually comment on my post with real thoughtful feedback and opinions. Makes me feel like people actually care about what I have to say and continue the conversation. Sometimes I feel like I work so hard writing and formatting my blog posts, and no one ever looks at it. Sometimes I feel like I’m talking to myself.
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
I really like working out and doing other physical activities like playing tennis, ping pong, badminton, corn hole, and darts. I also enjoy doing this new crazy thing called diamond painting. Look it up. It’s very relaxing and nice to do something monotonous for awhile. $10 on Amazon for a kit. Cheap hobby. 👍
8. Describe your personality in 3 words.
Thoughtful, sarcastic, awesome.
9. What are your top 3 pet peeves?
Ok, I had a whole list of these at one point! Lost it though…
1. When people lick food off their fingers, especially cheesy powder!!
2. When girls don’t have their toe nails painted and wear sandals.
3. When people ask introverts why they’re “so quiet”. -__-
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
Well, most things probably because I really don’t get too personal on here. But one unknown fact would be that I was an Irish Step dancer for 15 years. Like Riverdance. But I wasn’t in Riverdance. (I always kept this baby up my sleeve for those horrid ‘icebreaker’ games when I was a kid.) 😖
If you’re still here leave a comment below with one unknown fact about you!